Updated: Windows has announced the release of its new operating system Windows 10 on 29th July 2015. You can reserve a free upgrade but there is no news on when or whether Windows will charge for the upgrades.
After Windows 8 and 8.1, which received mixed reviews from users all over the world, Windows has now surprised us with the release of Windows 10: Insider Preview. Windows 10, as claimed by Windows, is for each one of us, as it consists of our favorite features from both, Windows 7 and Windows 8. This may bring the expected outcome that was due after the release of Windows 8 metro style user interface which could not gain agreement from Windows 7 lovers.
Here’s is all you need to know about it, and whether it would be a good idea to try Windows 10 before its official launch, or not.
Some Important Features Of Windows 10 Insider Preview:
- The Start Menu is all new.
- The User Interface is a mix of Windows 7 Menu style and Windows 8 Metro style.
- Feature that allows you to work on Virtual Desktops.
- Task View option.
- Dynamic re-sizing for all Windows Apps.
- Improved Search feature.
If all these new and improved features in Windows 10 excite you, then you can get a preview of Windows 10 by downloading the Windows 10 Insider Preview, using the steps given below. But before you even start let’s get an understanding of how good the idea of installing Windows 10 Insider Preview is.
Things To Be Considered Before Installing/ Updating To Windows 10 Insider Preview:
- Can be Installed Free of Charge.
- Requires 16 GB Free Hard-Disk Space.
- Windows 10 is still under development, and this is a pre-release software.
- May crash unexpectedly as this is only an early build.
- Could damage or delete all your files.
- Installing will require you to know how to work with ISO files.
- You cannot use the recovery partition to switch back to the previous Windows version.
- It may not be extremely touch-friendly as of now.
- It will need many updates as developments take place over time.
Steps to Take:
The idea of using Windows 10 before it’s official launch seems very interesting, especially if you are some-one who needs to know everything before every-one else does. If you are certain about installing and using Windows 10 Insider Preview, following are few the things that you can do to ensure a peaceful experience.
- Back up all your personal data and files to a separate hard disk.
- If you have a spare computer, install the Insider Preview on it, instead of updating your primary PC.
- If you do not have a DVD of the version of Windows installed right now on your PC, then make a recovery file using steps given here.
- Do not install Windows 10 Insider Preview on your Production machine.
Installing Windows 10: Insider Preview:
- First of all, you will have to sign up for the Insider Program here.
- After that you can select your language ISO and download it.
- Once the download is completed, transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive.
- Open setup.exe and follow the steps to complete installation.
- Here is the product key given by Windows:
Product key: 6P99N-YF42M-TPGBG-9VMJP-YKHCF
We will shortly write more on Windows 10 and it’s features. Share with us your experience with Windows 10 through the comment box below.